We always strive to minimise the impact of product prices and transportation increases. However, due to the ever increasing haulage charges. parking fines, road tolls, et cetera, delivery costs have an unwelcome effct upon our business model.
As with our insulation pricing strategy, delivery charges and the method of ordering (online or by telephone) are impacted by the the economies of scale. Of necessity, the overhead costs of small deliveries have more impact than that of large orders
Next Day Delivery
Orders placed before 10am may be eligible for next working day delivery, providing that all of the products ordered are available at depots that are within your locality, and that these depots have space available on their vehicles to effect deliveries.
Also available of next working day delivery are certain products of compact dimensions, such as multi-foils and other reflective Insulations; breather and acoustic membranes; tapes, cladding and flexible foam insulation. Commonly, such products are delivered directly from the manufacturer or their distributors on an overnight courier service.
Free Delivery is offered on Internet Orders over the value of £300.00 ex-VAT (Deliveries are only made using 28 ton Curtain Sided Lorries, or larger)
Delivery charges for Online Orders
Internet Orders less than £300.00 ex-VAT = £25.00 Delivery Charge.
Minimum Online Order = £175.00 ex-VAT
The acceptance of Telephone Orders and the related charge card payments assumes that the billing and delivery address are one and the same.
Free Delivery is offered on Telephone Orders over the value of £300.00 ex-VAT.
Telephone orders with different Credit Card Billing and Delivery Address
- We do not accept Credit Card / Debit Card settlement for telephone orders where the Billing Address and the Delivery Address differ.
- In such cases, customers are requested to pay by Bank Transfer or by Cheque. (Exceptions may apply to our regular customers.)
- Orders payments made by telephone may be accepted if the Cardholder is prepared to contact the issuing bank of the Charge Card, to request an 'Authorisation Code.' This is a simple procedure that should only take a couple of minutes. The code must then be given to us so that we can apply it to the online charge card transaction.
- Payments by Bank Transfer or by Cheque require clearance prior to the delivery of goods.
- Unfortunately, due to the prevalence of Credit Card Fraud, these security requirements are a requirement of the Banking Industry.
Delivery charges for Telephone Orders
Free Delivery is offered on Internet Orders over the value of £300.00 ex-VAT
Small and Non-Stock Item Orders
We reserve the right to opt out of the acceptance of orders of minimal quantities that need to be delivered from different distribution points. The reason for this is that two separate delivery charges will be inflicted upon us. See Buying Non-Stock Products bellow ...
Buying Non-Stock Products:
- Non-Stock items are delivered directly from the manufacturer or their distributor. While this does not necessarily add to delivery lead times, it does impact minimum order levels and related delivery costs.
- In the case of an order that includes include 'non-stock' items (as well as stock items) we require that the non-stock items achieve a minimum order value of £175.00, in addition to a ‘stock items’ order that achieves a minimum order value of £175.00 or more ... this would equate to a total minimum order size of £350.00. (Prices exclude VAT)
- If in doubt, please telephone us on 0333 9000 989
Delivery charges to off-shore and obscure geographical regions
- Delivery charges are priced upon application for UK mainland postal codes BT; DD; PH; AB; IV; KW; PA; Inner & Outer Hebrides; Channel Islands; Isle of Man; Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland. Minimum orders sizes may apply.
- Please Note that delivery to geographically remote locations on mainland UK may incur extra charges if we are required to use an external carrier. Charges can be as much as £1.00 per mile, to and from the depot nearest to the delivery address.
Orders and Deliveries to Eurozone, other EC Countries, and the rest of the world
- Buying insulation from us can save you very significant amounts - even after shipping and carriage charges. Providing your order exceeds £1,000 before VAT you may be paying very much more than you need. Enjoy the benefits of fair trade in Europe, and consider our prices before buying locally.
- Deliveries outside of the UK, to EC Member States, and to areas outside of the EC, are generally calculated on the assumption that the the Buyer pays for the insurance and the transportation charges from a delivery point they nominate within the United Kingdom.
- We work with a number freight handling agents and can offer buyers information relevant to deliveries to their countries.
- Arrangements can be made for VAT to be paid in the country to which the goods are being exported. However, conditions may apply.
- Please visit our Import / Export page for more information for more information on Importation from the UK, or exportation to your home country.
- We abide by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, and accept that our Customers have a seven-day 'cooling off' period from the day they receive their goods, in which time they may notify us that they wish to cancel their contract with us and request refund be given, including delivery charges if applicable.
- Where a Customer wants to return goods, they must be returned at the Customer's expense to the Delivering Depot within seven (7) days from receipt of Goods. Due to the large size, weight and fragility of the products we sell, these goods are not sold on a Sale-or-Return basis. Therefore, the organisation of, and payment for, collection and return delivery of unwanted goods will be born by the Customer, along with applicable restocking fees, for which a charge of up to forty percent of the purchase price, or £50.00, whichever is greater, will be charged.
- Returned goods must be received in their original packaging, undamaged and in an ‘as new’ condition to allow their resale. Where goods were sold in packs, only the return of the entire pack, unopened and in its original condition, will be accepted.
- Bespoke orders for goods that have been especially manufactured to a Customer's request or specification, or have been ordered in part quantities (split packs) other than those described on our website, fall outside of normal trading conditions, and Distance Selling Regulations, therefore, the return of such special orders cannot be accepted.
- In the event that we agree to collect unwanted goods, the Customer acknowledges that they will be liable for all reasonable costs incurred.
- The risk relating to any goods that the Customer is returning will remain with the Customer until such goods have been received at the delivering depot’s premises and have been inspected and accepted by us as being returned in their original, as new, condition.
- Refunds will be processed following successful receipt and inspection.
Should the returned goods be deemed by our staff, or their agents, to be in a condition that is unsuitable for resale, we will not provide a refund, and the customer will be responsible for the collection or disposal of such goods as well as the costs incurred in their return.
Terms and Conditions Statement
For full details of our Terms and Conditions of sale, please Click Here.